Thursday, January 17, 2008

Baby it's cold outside...

Since we gave the girls nordic names, I decided get in touch with my Northern European heritage and spend more time outdoors with the girls in the winter. We bundle up most days it's above 25 degrees out and spend some time sledding, strolling or just playing the snow. Cody on the other hand still goes out to grill in shorts during the winter. He's just wondering why it has taken me so long to appreciate all that cold weather has to offer. Here are a few pictures of our escapades so far. ..




Yes - that is me grilling in the snow. After spending the day in the house with two little, loud kids, nothing beats the sound of sizzling meat on a subzero night. (Okay - maybe the sound of the waves on a sandy beach, or the whispers in the Louvre, or...)

1 comment:

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

SO fun!!! I can't wait to have kids and teach them to snowboard. Whenever I'm in the mountains and see little ones in their snowsuits trying to learn, my heart just melts a little!

I also, really liked the pic of you BBQing...reminds me of the days when Robin and I would grill out in DC on our little hibachi grill in the snow. Granted, I'm sure MN is MUCH colder than DC was. You're a champ!